Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Figurative Language and Vocabulary

This week I have asked you to make a vocabulary poster using five words.  I want a diagram drawn and filled out for each word.  Use Dictionary.com to look up your vocabulary words.  See my example of a Vocabulary Poster below. 


I have also asked you to locate in your novel three example of figurative language.  I asked you to only not similes, metaphors and personifications.  After you note them in your novel, I'd like you to make a foldable.  Please see my foldable below.  You need to label the type of figurative language on the outside of each flap.  On the inside of the flap I would like you to quote the figurative language example using quotation marks.  This should come directly from your novel.  Then I would like you to put in parenthesis the literal meaning of the quote.  Also add the page number that you found the figurative language on.  Pleas include the title of the novel you read somewhere on the foldable long with your name.  Thanks!  I can't wait to read your figurative language example!



No comments:

Post a Comment

THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD

The Underground Railroad QUIZ: Write your name and answers on the lined paper provided by Mrs. Klumper. 1. The Underground Ra...